The great thing about blogging is that there is a lot of camaraderie. Most people have blog rolls that list what they are reading. So you click on a link. And you read. And you click. And you read. And you click. And you read. The next thing you know, its midnight.
And the point of my story?
This evening after following a number of links, I was led to Home is Where the Hounds Are.
They've given us an Inspiration Award!
As part of the award, you are asked to share other blogs that inspire.
Here's what I've been reading:
- Sweetheart's Story: http://sweetheartsstory.blogspot.com/ This is a true Cinderella story. Sweetheart was found abandoned in Oklahoma. Chained to a tree with nothing to eat or drink, she weighed only 31 pounds. Her waist was about the same size as a soup can. Nearly a year later, she is a thriving, happy hound.
- Brother 2 Bother: http://brother2bother.blogspot.com/ The adventures and misadventures of littermates, Nelson & Bully adopted into one family.
- Xan's Art: http://xans-art.blogspot.com/ Xan is a talented artist who contributes a lot of her time and talent to raising funds for various adoption groups as well as OSU GHWP.
- Shutter Hounds: http://mralexthedog.blogspot.com/ Fabulous photographer Steve Uyehara shares photos of his hounds. Steve's photos also appear on the OSU GHWP website.
- Greyt Days: http://greytdays.blogspot.com/ Ever think that your home is too small for a Greyhound? Nonsense. This is the blog of a hound living in NYC.
- Dogs In Canada: http://www.dogsincanda.com/blog/?p=3413 Great blog about, well, dogs in Canada. Lots of useful info on training, medical, etc. Part of Canada's oldest canine magazine. This was typically dedicated to Kennel Clubs, but an overhaul a few years ago made it more "pet friendly".
- The Little White Monster http://thelittlewhitemonster.blogspot.com/ Again, great photography & philanthropy combined. Lots of info on helping Galgos in Spain.
- Dogs Rock http://www.xdogsrockx.com/ You've gotta love the title.
- The Houndie Times http://thehoundietimes.typepad.com/the-houndie-times/ A greyhound adopter inspired to do more to eliminate canine cancer by her dog Ellie.
- This one is a tie. Everyone's favourites. Tales and Tails. Never Say Never Greyhounds. Cult of the Greyhound.
Thanks to Angela (another East Coast greyhound adopter) for giving us the Inspiration Award. I look forward to reading Home is Where the Hounds Are for years to come :)